- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaqspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
Mix the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag and add the chicken thighs. Place on a plate and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour, turning the bag midway.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the chicken thighs from the bag and arrange them in a baking dish large enough to accommodate them in a single layer. Pour the marinade on top and use your hands to massage it into the chicken thighs.
Bake until well browned and cooked through, about 1 hour, basting the tops with the cooking liquids every 20 minutes. Rinse the basting brush with warm soapy water after each use.
Remove from oven, baste one more time and serve.