When it comes to decorating your home, a lot of factors comes to play. Sometimes it can feel like your options are limited especially if you live in a small home.
Or your walls might be so big and you have no idea what to do in order to fill them. Since there is not much you can do about the size of the wall whether too big or too small, what you can do is take advantage of decor and fill the wall to make it feel or look more beautiful.
No matter the size of your wall there is always some tricks and ideas that you can use to bring about a classy and elegant look on your walls. Whatever you like, your walls can be customized based on the things you adore.
In this article we are going to check out some inspirational ideas that will help you add style to your lovely home.
How To Pick Wall Decor For Your Home
Before we get to the inspirational ideas I think it will be wise if we browse through how to pick a decor since different walls will require a different approach. A good way to choose a wall decor is to go for one that takes up most of the space of the width of the wall. Minus about 6 to 12 inches so that it will look like it is centered.
For example, if your wall is 36 inches, you should choose a wall decor that is about twenty four inches wide. If it is a very large wall, getting wall art that will fit perfectly on the walls can be hard and if you get one it might be quite expensive. Instead you can opt for smaller pieces and lay like a gallery wall or something like that.
You can even hang wall art over your furniture like sofa or sofa table. Wondering how this will work? It is pretty simple. Hang the wall artwork that you have in a way that he bottom edge of the artwork is about 7 inches from where your furniture back ends.
Check out some inspirational ideas that will help you out choose the best decor for your living room:
Creat A Great Wall
You have probably seen this idea already but it really never goes out of style. Creating a wall gallery adds some personality and beautiful color to your walls. You can display a collection of your best photographs or art and you can even add some wall hangings.
Don’t go too sophisticated, just go for some simple and cohesive frames. This idea can work for both small and large walls, what matters is the number of photographs or art you have that can be used to create a gallery wall. For more living room wall decor ideas, keep reading.
Sculptural and Metal Living Room Wall Decor Ideas
Wall decors comes in different sizes and shapes. There are lightweight, traditional framed art, unframed canvases, metal wall sculptures, collages etc.
Browse through some examples of sculptural and metal wall decor ideas and get inspired.
- You can try out a bamboo wall sculpture. It can be of any shape. Make sure it takes up most of the space on your living room wall. You can also use this idea to decorate your bedroom walls. It will practically work on all your walls whether small or big.
- Lay metallic branch sculptures on your wall near your where your furniture is for a textural and monochromatic effect. It adds some elegant look on your walls and makes your living room look classier.
- Arrange some wood panels that are mounted on a wall that you have painted black. The color has to be black for it to compliment the wood panel effectively. This is a living room wall decor idea that is going to leave your friends perplexed with your creativeness.
- You can also pull together some colors in your room and add some excellent wall art panels that complements the color of your accessories effectively. It is a simple idea which most people ignore but it actually work perfectly, try it today and you will not regret.
- Shop for similar wall art and add two panels of art that flows across your canvas. This will definitely add some class and sophisticated look in your living room. It is important for the color of the wall art to be the same as the one of your carpet and close to that of your walls for a more elegant look.
- Try out some diptych panels. This is becoming common and common and it is of course because of a good reason. Many home owners are hanging triptych that are made of tiny dimensional objects to add some elegant looks on their walls.
Freeform Wall Decor Ideas
- For a huge wall where you cannot find enough decor to fit perfectly, you might want to try out the metal butterflies. Place them in a way that they seem like they are flying out through your window.
- Try out some wood rings in a nice and easy flowing pattern. This will warm and soften the look of your living room.
Systematical Gallery Wall Art Ideas
- Now this is an excellent one, instead of hanging extra-large piece if art work on your large walls, try hanging several cute images in a systematic manner and see how that will work out. It looks very professional and of course very cute
- Choose some excellent prints that complement the color of your room and hang them on your walls systematically. If your walls are white for example, you can hang prints of color blue, green, light green, and any other color that complements the white color of your living room.
There are hundreds of living room decor wall ideas that you can try out but I hope you were inspired by one our ideas.