- 2 pounds beef sirloin tips cut into 1-inch cubes, patted dry
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for browning
- 1 onion diced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup red wine your favorite
- 2 cups beef broth (divided, reserve 1/4 cup for cornstarch slurry)
- 1 tablespoon parsley for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat olive oil in Instant Pot on saute function. Brown the outside of the beef cubes in batches, turning to seal the juices in (about 3 minutes). Transfer seared beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add the butter, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic, and mushrooms to Instant Pot. Sauté for a minute. Add the wine and stir to deglaze and stir up any little brown bits. Let it come to a simmer and cook for a couple minutes, until wine is slightly reduced.
- Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Add beef cubes back to pot. Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is closed. Use the Manual setting on High Pressure for 15 minutes. It will take about 10 or so minutes to come to pressure. Once done let it release naturally for 10 minutes then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch to the 1/4 cup reserved beef broth at room temperature to make a slurry and add to the juices in the pot to thicken.
- Serve over prepared egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice.
No Responses Yet