PUMPKIN PIE CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
Are you ready for this?! You only need SEVEN ingredients for this Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake:
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- graham cracker crust
And most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Like most pumpkin baking recipes, you want to use pure canned pumpkin puree — not pumpkin pie filling.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until well blended .
- Press mixture with your fingers evenly into an 9 inch pie plate.
- Pour pumpkin cheesecake layers, as directed in recipe below, into unbaked graham cracker crust. Bake as directed.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE CHEESECAKE:
This recipe is very easy to make with only a handful of ingredients needed.
Start by beating together the cheesecake layer ingredients until smooth.
Add 1 1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter to the graham cracker pie crust.
Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to the remaining cheesecake batter and whisk until smooth.
Pour it on top of the plain cheesecake layer and pop it into the oven — no water bath needed!
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool and then chill for at least 3 hours. Serve with whipped cream on top!
TIPS TO AVOID CRACKS IN YOUR CHEESECAKE!
This Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake does not need a water bath, but there are a few tips to keep it from cracking:
- Make sure you use room temperature cream cheese and add the eggs one at a time.
- Do not over bake. The cheesecake is finished when the center is *just* almost set. It will finish firming up when it chills.
- Lastly, make sure you allow this pumpkin pie cheesecake to cool completely before transferring it to the fridge.
If for some reason you do get a noticeable crack, there are two common solutions to try:
- Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes, then wet your finger with water and try running it along the crack.
- If that doesn’t work, cover it with whip cream and enjoy! In the end, no one cares if it cracked, just that it tastes good!