WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS TO MAKE MEATBALLS?
To make these Italian meatballs, you’ll need the simple ingredients below. The parsley is optional, however I highly recommend adding it in if you’re making the classic spaghetti and meatballs recipe. It adds tons of extra flavor. If you’re serving these meatballs with a sweet and sour sauce or making my crockpot meatballs, I recommend leaving it out.
- Ground beef
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley (optional)
HOW DO YOU MAKE ITALIAN MEATBALLS?
Scroll down for the printable meatball recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a foil-lined baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. If needed, add a Tablespoon of water to keep mixture wet.
- Scoop the meat from the bowl and form into 1 1/2″ balls. Then place meatballs on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs uncovered for 17-20 minutes, or until middle is no longer pink. Flip halfway through.
- If desired, simmer meatballs with marinara sauce for 10 minutes and serve over noodles.
TIPS FOR MAKING BAKED MEATBALL RECIPE
- Don’t over mix! Over-mixing can make the meat tough.
- Use a cookie scoop (an ice cream scoop works too) to make the meatballs equal in size. This will ensure they all cook the same.
- If your meatball mixture is too dry when combining, add a Tablespoon of water to keep it wet.
- Make sure to flip the meatballs halfway through so that the bottoms don’t burn!
- If you don’t have fresh garlic or onion on hand, sub with garlic and onion powder.
CAN YOU FREEZE LEFTOVER MEATBALLS?
Yes, you can freeze these homemade meatballs! All you need to do is allow them to cool. Then transfer the meatballs to a clean baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour. Once they harden in the freezer, transfer to a ziptop bag. Label and place them back in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw the meatballs, place the bag in the refrigerator overnight. I like to take them out of the freezer and add the meatballs to the slow cooker with marinara sauce. I just cook them on low for 2-3 hours for an easy dinner later on!