- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef (or chicken, or turkey)
- 1/2 cup crushed Schar Crackers
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Line a 13×9-inch baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Shape meatball mixture into 24 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Place meatballs 1 inch apart on your baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered for 18 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Serve warm.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Pour 28-32 oz of your favorite meatball sauce (or 1 jar of spaghetti sauce + 14 oz. of your favorite salsa) into a slow cooker. Tuck each meatball into the sauce, making sure that they are submerged. Cover on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Not all slow cookers are created equal, so please check to make sure that the internal temperature for the meatballs is at least 160F, or that you can’t see any pink.
- Dairy-Free Option: If you can’t have dairy you can always leave the Parmesan out or substitute in your favorite dairy-free cheese.
- Grain-Free Option: Use almond meal in place of the crushed crackers OR use 1/2 cup of Parmesan instead of 1/4 cup.