IngredientsFor the cake:
- 1 C. Lily’s baking chips or other keto-friendly chocolate chips
- ½ C. Butter unsalted
- 1 C. Swerve confectioners sugar substitute
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Almond extract
- 3 Eggs at room temperature
- ⅓ C. Unsweetened cocoa powder
For the glaze:
- ½ C. Lily’s Baking chips or other keto friendly chocolate chips
- ¼ C. Heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. Almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped almonds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup of butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stopping to stir in between, until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir until the ingredients are completely combined into a smooth mixture.
- Add the Swerve confectioners sugar substitute to the chocolate mixture along with the almond and vanilla extracts. Stir completely.
- Beat the eggs into the chocolate mixture. Be sure that the eggs are at room temperature when you do this, so the chocolate does not sieze up.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the batter.
- Layer the mixture into a single layer in the bottom of an 8” cake pan that has been well greased.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cooked through.
- Let the cake cool.
- When ready to make the glaze, place the heavy whipping cream and ½ cup of chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 15 second intervals until completely melted and combined.
- Add the almond extract to the mixture and stir well.
- Turn the chocolate cake onto a serving plate or platter, and spread the glaze over the top.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of chopped almonds for garnish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Net Carbs: 5 net carbs per serving