- 2 chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise thin about 1/4” thick
- ½ red bell pepper sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper sliced
- ½ green bell pepper sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime optional
- toothpicks for securing chicken
- Dry spice mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped (for garnish)
Pre-heat oven to 400F.
Combine all the ingredients for the dry spice mix in small bowl. br]
Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and Sprinkle the chicken fillets with the spice mix. Place 6 bell pepper slices on the center of each chicken fillet (2 of each color). Roll each one tightly, keeping seam side down and secure with a toothpick. If any spices remain, sprinkle them on the chicken rolls.
Heat a large heavy (oven safe is possible) pan to medium high heat. Place the oil in the pan and gently place chicken in the pan. Cook chicken rolls for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden. Remove pan from heat and place pan in the oven (if the pan is oven safe. If it’s not, transfer chicken to a baking sheet). Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and peppers are charred.
Serve with veggies, rice or tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!